King of the paint -- 20 points, 20 boards for Thompson

Warren2ThaG

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3462.jpg

-------------

King of the paint -- 20 points, 20 boards for Thompson

"One thing was cleared up Saturday night. Jason Thompson doesn't want to know his stats during the game.

And yes, that includes good stats.

After one quarter Thompson had already notched a double double with 12 points and 10 rebounds, and some teammates and coaches let him know he was doing a good job.

"I'd rather someone not tell me so I can keep getting more boards," Thompson said.

Thompson didn't stop. By the end of the night Thompson had 20 rebounds to go with 20 points, five assists and two blocked shots in the Kings' 101-94 exhibition win over the Golden State Warriors at Arco Arena.

It was the first exhibition win for the Kings (1-3).

Thompson's game was indicative of what the Kings have seen since he got off to a slow start in the Las Vegas Summer League in July.

Since the rough beginning in Sin City, Thompson has been the player the team hoped he'd be in his sophomore season.

"I would just say that he wasn't in shape during summer league," said Kings coach Paul Westphal. "It was the time he had off. Really, after the first few days he's been the player that we've seen. He's a rare combination of size, agility with the ability to handle the ball."

Thompson's good game came against the Warriors and second-year power forward Anthony Randolph. Thompson was the 12th overall selection in the 2008 NBA draft and Randolph was taken by Golden State at No. 14.

Randolph came on strong at the end of last season and was the star of the summer league with his athletic play.

He finished with 12 points and four rebounds.

"Hopefully we can be really good players for years to come," Thompson said. "We play in the same division and we're going to be going neck-and-neck. We're going to try to get the best of each other and it was good to get the 'W' tonight."

----

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/2261419.html