Ricky says he'll stay overeas for two years

Exactly, if he came to the NBA right now, he woulda made 97,000 his 1st season and 135,000 his 2nd season. This way he makes 5-6 million each season for the next 2 seasons in europe.

lol @ everyone saying, omgz what a dick when 99% of people woulda done the same, this is millions we are talking about, at 18 years old, that money looks lovely to us.

If it were the Knicks that selected him, he wouldn't be [expletive]ing.

He is the stereotypical European [expletive] [expletive] [expletive].

I don't think he expected to fall past #3 or #4. the NBA is a business, it's about money. Why play when you're making next to nothing, meanwhile, your scrub teammate is making $5.5 million for sitting on the bench. As I said, difference between the #3/#4 pick and the #5 pick roughly equates to a few million dollars being lost. That money could have gone towards his buyout, as he's the one who has to pay it. It's better for him to wait until his contract expires and earn the money he deserves in the meantime.

He is the stereotypical European [expletive] [expletive] [expletive].

I doubt he was going to stay in the 1st place, he probably just entered the draft to find a team. I think he really did want to play 2 years in Europe to finish his contract so right when its over he can go play with his team.

It's so funny at how some of you are reacting to this. Kahn DOES NOT care if Rubio goes back to Spain for 2 years. It's actually a good thing so Rubio can finish off his contract (the Wolves can only give so much for the buyout) and work on his shooting. The Wolves can now see how Flynn works out whilst Rubio is playing back in Europe.

Stop with the bashing and think.

Get shafted Minnesota

I dont like Ricky but its their own fault for drafting him.

Were talkin about the same team that traded away Brandon Roy and OJ Mayo :D

Bashing the Wolves right there, and I was referring to both bashing the team and Rubio.

How is Rubio stupid for that exactly?

Exactly what I'm trying to figure out.

I don't think it's a co-incidence either that the people who were already calling him a 'bust' in a few of the other Rubio related threads are in here calling him stupid for reasons that make absolutely no sense, other than to satisfy their agendas. Some of you guys don't get enough satisfaction for making the outrageously early 'bust' calls on him, even though most haven't even seem him play, and the games you have, he was 'wasn't that impressive', right? Some of you guys are retards.

Contrary to some of your warped, deluded minds, it's not uncommon for any player in the last few seasons (even American) who believe they're not ready for the NBA, for whatever reason, to go back to/to go to Europe to work on their game and come back and test themselves out when they're ready. At least now when Rubio comes back, he's guaranteed a contract. I'd take that rather then uncertainty over my basketball career for two seasons. At least, even if doesn't meet expectations, he's still got a base contract of at least $3 million when he begins his NBA career.

wonder how johnny is going to react about this when he will pretty much have the ball in his hands for 2 years and in comes rubio on his white horse and white shining armour and gets the ball

one guy isnt going to be happy