Kevin Martin needs traded?

Real Deal

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

The Kings are on a seven-game losing streak, and while they were never really that great of a team to begin with, what is Martin really doing for them? This guy has been their primary scorer for a few years now, but since his return...

Kings @ Heat (115-84 L): 5 PTS, 1-7 FG (14.3%)

Kings @ Magic (100-84 L): 5 PTS, 1-7 FG (14.3%)

Kings @ Hawks (108-97 L): 23 PTS, 8-18 FG (44.4%)

Kings @ Bobcats (105-103 L): 9 PTS, 3-9 FG (33.3%)

Kings @ Wizards (96-86 L): 23 PTS, 6-17 FG (35.3%)

Kings @ Sixers (98-86 L): 19 PTS, 4-10 FG (40.0%)

All road games, yes, but I'd like to think that the Kings, led by Tyreke Evans instead of Martin, would fare better against a few of those teams.

I really think a backcourt of Evans and Beno Udrih was more dangerous than any other. Evans is now forced to play more point, and for me, he was more effective as a two-guard.

Should the Kings try and deal Martin before it's too late?

• Owner

Martin for Hedo. Bam.

Who would you guys start at the three? Martin would be an undersized SF, and I'm not sure if you have anyone else capable of starting at that position (without hurting your team, at least).

And to think Kevin Martin was once known as one of the most efficient scorers in the league. Him and Tyreke just don't pair up well. I think seven games at this point, all being losses, is enough proof that he needs to go. They should trade him for a center, considering rebounding is one of their weakest team abilities.

^Yeah a center would be nice, but Spencer Hawes has really come along this season so it doesnt really make sense for them to get one. I would consider trading for a pf, before trading for a center.

I dont know how much point Tyreke has been playing this season but depending on that they could probably pursue a pg, and have Udrih come off the bench. I think he would make a good sixth man.

Edited by Confidence

^Yeah a center would be nice, but Spencer Hawes has really come along this season so it doesnt really make sense for them to get one. I would consider trading for a pf, before trading for a center.

I dont know how much point Tyreke has been playing this season but depending on that they could probably pursue a pg, and have Udrih come off the bench. I think he would make a good sixth man.

Spencer Hawes is a solid offensive center, but his rebounding needs work and he is a pretty weak defender. He's only averaging 5.8 rpg this year, and most of the rebounding is done by the lanky Jason Thompson. The center should be their primary focus, and once Martin is gone they can move Tyreke to the 2 position and play Udrih at the point, or just pursue a more "true" point guard this offseason.

MoeRoadKill, on 28 December 2009 - 11:37 PM, said:

it all depends on how kmart handles it, if he goes back to his usual 30 bricks a game then trade him

Weird, never remember him doing that.

The reason for trading him is because the team is rebuilding and they're doing really good right now with him out and just their young talent and they already have their star for the future which is Tyreke Evans

LOL! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...