Ideas of Sports Related Term Paper

Legacy

Every senior here has to write a term paper that can be a debatable. It has to be backed up by research and must have a clear thesis.

I need a topic by tomorrow. I was thinking of doing LeBron vs Kobe, but my teacher said that it would be more opinion than fact or some [expletive] like that.

Some other sports related topics she said were: Does bringing in a certain athlete bring up team revenue? Do the players salaries match their performance? Are steroids bad for sports?

Stuff like that.

Anyone have a good basketball one I could do? Please help.

You can write on the "Roid Era." Talk about whether it was good for baseball, how Hall of Fame voters should respond to those who took PEDs, what the MLB should do with the 2003 list, and what penalties the MLB should enforce now with players using PEDs.

Athletes and Twitter and how it has changed how we view athletes. If it has, you can argue both ways. Beasley and his weed in a picture of his tattoo comes to mind. Charlie V during halftime, Shaq giving away tickets.

EDIT: This is tough for a paper but you could talk about the policies the NBA and other leagues put in place because Charlie V at halftime.

Dunno

Edited by BasX

LeBron v.s. Kobe is too much opinion over fact, but it's ok to write about whether players deserve their salaries or if steroids are bad for sports? Ok, then.

Actually, the salaries thing is pretty good. The obvious position in that they don't, so you should go the other way. Bring up the "NBA Cares" program, as well as the owners (especially Mark Cuban) that are the lifeblood of multiple charities.

LeBron v.s. Kobe is too much opinion over fact, but it's ok to write about whether players deserve their salaries or if steroids are bad for sports? Ok, then.

Actually, the salaries thing is pretty good. The obvious position in that they don't, so you should go the other way. Bring up the "NBA Cares" program, as well as the owners (especially Mark Cuban) that are the lifeblood of multiple charities.

Bingo. Where can I go to research stuff for that though?

Actually, it's too hard to write a paper for what you suggested just because I wouldn't really be able to find that much research on it.

I'll probably just do it on the fact that they get paid too much or something along the lines of that.

Edited by Legacy

Do you guys think the talking about the NBA dress code would be a good one? I could talk about how it's good for the league.

Does anyone know if the NFL or MLB have a dress code?

Wouldn't that be too opinion based?

I don't think any other sports have it.

You can do the age limit for entering the NBA.

Wouldn't that be too opinion based?

I don't think any other sports have it.

You can do the age limit for entering the NBA.

I was just going to mention this one. I don't think it will be too opinion based. Where do you think I could get research for it?

And personally, what do you think of the age limit?