Is Toyota Car problems real or political?

reno

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since its all over the news lately about Toyota's runaway/sticky pedals/brakes problems, do you find it a serious flaw or its just merely economics/political reasons, as the u.s government has a lot of $$ invested into Chrysler and GMC?

Example story of how ABC News staged a Toyota problem.

http://gawker.com/5486666/how-abc-news-brian-ross-staged-his-toyota-death-ride

It's real. Why would people say their gas pedal is getting stuck? It's a mechanical flaw.

The only thing is that people DO lie about it. I got into a car accident about two months ago. I was sitting in traffic in front of my high school and all of a sudden a girl came up and hit me going 30 mph and my car got totaled. She said on the police report that her brakes failed...

Then in the next few weeks this gas pedal getting stuck became popular, she then changed what happened and claimed her gas pedal got stuck (she had a toyota camry.) My friend checked if that model was on the recall list, and it wasn't. lol.

just like majority of big new stories, it is way overhyped. sure it is a problem, but its not like every toyota ever made accelerates like crazy when you dont want it to. it is a minor problem in some models, something which probably will never affect most people, but people will believe anything

Its real, serious design/mechanical/electrical flaw. Way would a company try to ruin there name? They were considered the only company not really hurt by the economy they were the biggest car company before this.

Edited by ChosenOne

Guest Need4Sheed

Its real, serious design/mechanical/electrical flaw. Way would a company try to ruin there name? They were considered the only company not really hurt by the economy they were the biggest car company before this.

Not to mention a foreign company.

just like majority of big new stories, it is way overhyped. sure it is a problem, but its not like every toyota ever made accelerates like crazy when you dont want it to. it is a minor problem in some models, something which probably will never affect most people, but people will believe anything

Well when your gas pedal gets stuck and your going 90 mph and you can't do anything about it, come talk to me about a minor problem. When a gas pedal is MECHANICALLY getting stuck due to a flaw in the MECHANICAL system, it is a problem. I wouldn't call it minor.

Political at this point, but very real. Overhyped and it's good for American car companies. Political.

Eh. I wouldn't say it's overhyped. Why do I say this? Because when your gas pedal literally gets stuck (one thing to get stuck on the floor mat, ok, that's overhyping it) but to mechanically get stuck is pretty unbelievable, which is why it's been such a big story.

Well when your gas pedal gets stuck and your going 90 mph and you can't do anything about it, come talk to me about a minor problem. When a gas pedal is MECHANICALLY getting stuck due to a flaw in the MECHANICAL system, it is a problem. I wouldn't call it minor.

Eh. I wouldn't say it's overhyped. Why do I say this? Because when your gas pedal literally gets stuck (one thing to get stuck on the floor mat, ok, that's overhyping it) but to mechanically get stuck is pretty unbelievable, which is why it's been such a big story.

yes it is a mechanical flaw, but it is minor as in most people are not affected by it at all. if every toyota car started getting stuck at 90 mph then that is a major problem. cars have had worse issues then this and the media is blowing it out of proportion yet again

There is a real flaw, but there is a spin on it to promote American companies. Kinda like the lead painted toys in China controversy.

^exactly

yes it is a mechanical flaw, but it is minor as in most people are not affected by it at all. if every toyota car started getting stuck at 90 mph then that is a major problem. cars have had worse issues then this and the media is blowing it out of proportion yet again

^exactly

but in this day and age with technology for the gas pedal to get stuck is pretty surprising, which is also what's made it such a big deal. and plus it's been quite a few cars. yeah of course not everyone, but it has been a decent amount of recalls.